SCANZ 2022 CONVENTION -
We planned for 2020, then again in 2021 and now we are locked in for
Monday 16 - Wednesday 19 May 2022!
Due to the arrival of the Delta variant of Covid-19, the convention has moved to Monday 16 - Wednesday 18 May 2022. We have good reasons for this, honestly!
- Firstly, we had to change the date. Lockdown, law, health & safety - you get the point.
- In May 2022, vaccinations should be at a rate that there won't be another lockdown.
- In May 2022, the borders might be opened, at least between NZ and Australia, but hopefully broader.
- SCAA is holding their conference in Melbourne on 25 - 27 May, counting on the above factors.
- With the possibility of open borders, SCANZ and SCAA can encourage international speakers to attend. And honestly, who wouldn't want to visit?
- The Convention is now a Monday - Wednesday affair because ... we had no choice.
With the date change, here's what stays the same:
- We will still be in Hamilton, still at the Novotel Tainui.
- The majority of our fantastic speakers have confirmed to speak next year.
- Our wonderful sponsors are still supporting us! THANK YOU.
- There will still be great networking functions, with the Welcome Function, Quiz Night and Convention Dinner.
- The theme for the Convention dinner will still be "Kiwiana", so store your costumes away until next year - or take this time to create something even better.
There is one other addition - in 2022, SCANZ will be celebrating its 70th anniversary - that's right, the Queen is celebrating her Jubilee Anniversary with SCANZ!
So, hang in there; we will be getting together as soon as we can. We know we are all missing out on catching up with everyone at one location.
We are trying something a little different for our 58th Annual SCANZ Convention, and heading to the Novotel Tainui, right in the middle of Hamilton and next to the mighty Waikato River. We have never been there before, and we are not exactly sure why.
Hamilton is right in the middle of the 'Golden Triangle, less than one and a half hours from Auckland, Tauranga and Rotorua by car. The Hamilton Airport has direct flights from both Wellington and Christchurch and is only 15km away from the venue.
The SCANZ Convention brings together researchers, chemists, salespeople, manufacturers and academics from throughout New Zealand (and Australia if possible), with approximately 85 delegates attending.
We are confident that the friendly, personal nature of the SCANZ convention provides an excellent opportunity for continued development and networking.
The theme this year is COATING VISION 2021, and we are looking forward to seeing papers on:
- new and emerging technologies;
- sustainability - primarily carbon zero;
- research and development projects;
- the impact on new regulations;
- new materials and analytical test methods; and
- future ideas and concepts for our industry
As well as the technical papers, we will also have generic papers from some leading innovators and leaders in New Zealand.
We have a fantastic social programme that allows for networking opportunities throughout the event, starting with the Welcome Function and Quiz Night on Wednesday, and a themed convention dinner and dancing on Thursday.
The sessions will run all day Thursday, and up to 2pm on Friday.
The venue is the Novotel Tainui, where they have fantastic rooms, and are right in the middle of Hamilton.