Notice is hereby given that the 2023 Annual General Meeting of the Surface Coatings Association of New Zealand will be held at the Horse & Trap, Epsom, Auckland on Thursday 15 June, starting at 5.30pm. This will be followed by a dinner for those who want to stay.
All members (and guests) are invited to the 2023 Annual General Meeting. The agenda is below, which includes Annual Report of the President, the annual financials, and an update on the rest of 2023.
The evening starts at 5.30pm with nibbles, networking and drinks (cash bar), then the AGM formally starts at 6.15pm. This timing is to help people getting through Auckland traffic!
Following the formalities, we have an optional dinner to network and catch up. The dinners at the Horse & Trap are fantastic, so we encourage you all to attend. The 3-course dinner will cost $60, and SCANZ will be putting wine on the tables for the meal. (All other drinks are available at the cash bar.)
- Receive Apologies
- Receive minutes of 2022 AGM
- Receive the Annual Report of the President
- Receive and, if thought fit, adopt the Audited Financial Statements for 2022 year
- SCANZ 2023 Plans
- Receive and, if thought fit, adopt the 2023 Budget.
- Appoint Auditors for 2023.
- Confirmation of Subscriptions for 2024
- Committee Members - nomination for new members
- Constitution Discussion - in 2024 SCANZ needs to re-register under the new Incorporated Societies Act - this is a chance to discuss potential changes to be voted on at the 2024 AGM
- Business without notice
- Close Meeting
The SCANZ constitution requires a quorum of 5 committee members. With one current member retiring from the committee, we just meet the quorum. We invite any SCANZ member interested in being involved in the running of SCANZ, please consider joining the committee. Committee Nomination Form 2023.pdf or see below under meeting documentation.
If you have any questions about what the committee does, please feel free to contact any of our current committee members:
APOLOGIES & PROXY FORMS:
If you cannot attend the meeting in person, please note that NOT ATTENDING will be considered as sending an apology.
For those who wish to send through a Proxy Form 2023.pdf to download a copy. You can choose any financial member to be your proxy, and all of the committee are happy to be chosen.
MEETING DOCUMENTATION: - to be finalised
SET DINNER MENU:
The 3-course Dinner will cost $60 for members and $65 for non-members, and there will be a cash bar.
For those who have not joined us for a meal at the Horse & Trap before, the food is terrific, and it is very casual, so you can move around to catch up with more people.
The menu is being confirmed, but there will be Horse & Trap Platters to start and share, followed by a Main (choose from 6 different options) and Dessert (choose from 2 options)
- Coronation Chicken Puff Pastries
- step back into 1952 with some delicious coronation nostalgia
- deep-fried camembert with apricot & ginger glaze to dip in
- Salt & Pepper Squid
- crispy fried, served with house-made dipping aioli & sweet chili
- Chicken Liver Pate
- with toasted ciabatta
Mains - choice of:
- Pork Schnitzel
- panko crumbed & fried to perfection, garlic cream potatoes & mushroom sauce
- Braised Beek Cheeks
- creamy mash & salsa verde
- Fish of the Day
- streaky bacon & kumara salad with a caper, mushroom butter
- Stuffed Chicken Breast
- with a herb cream cheese, green pea & parmesan risotto
Desserts - choice of:
- Chocolate Brownie
- Lemon & Blueberry Baked Cheesecake