Call for Abstracts are now Open for the 2021 Convention.
SCANZ would like to invite experts from paint companies, raw material suppliers, academia, government research institutes and other value added organisations to submit abstracts of innovative, technical, scientific and/or value added significance to the coatings industry.
Presentations will be selected based on their scientific advancement and added value to the industry. Where possible, papers should be consistent with the convention theme of “Coatings Vision”, which can include, but is not limited to:
- New Technologies
- Research & Development projects
- Impact of New Regulations
- New Materials
- Application Processes
- New Analytical Test Methods
- Emerging Technologies
INITIAL EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Please send the paper title and abstract by 7 May 2021. Examples of these, as well as a blank template, can be found on the www.scanz.org.nz website. These will be assessed by our Technical Advisor, and your confirmation of acceptance will be advised by 28 May 2021.
- An abstract must be no more than 300 words
- The abstract must include the title of the presentation
- Please include all authors of the submission, indicating the author presenting the paper
- The abstract should not include graphics or tables
- Papers should reflect the highest professional standard
- Please keep the use of trademarks to a minimum
All submissions will be treated with the strictest confidence, and will only be disclosed if selected in the final programme. The oral presentation time will be 30 - 35 minutes in length followed by 5 - 10 minutes for discussion.
PROGRAMME AT A GLANCE
- The scientific program will foster technical, scientific and general discussions. The sessions will run on Thursday 26th August between 8.30am - 5pm, and on Friday 27th August between 9.30 am - 1 pm, followed by networking activities.
- We will also be holding the Annual General Meeting and a General Meeting of the New Zealand Paint Manufacturers Association on Wednesday 25th August, starting with lunch at 12.30pm.
- Networking opportunities start on Wednesday evening with the Welcome Function, followed immediately by the extremely fun Quiz Night, sponsored by Brenntag.
- Speakers attending the full convention will receive a discounted registration rate.
- For those speakers who can only attend for the day, they will receive free registration for the day of their presentation allowing them to attend other sessions and network with the industry participants.
- Travel, accommodation and any additional registration costs associated with the convention are not included.
If you would like to present an oral paper at the SCANZ Convention 2021 please email your abstract, resumé and photo to: