Call for Abstracts are now Open for the 2024 Convention.
The Surface Coatings Association of New Zealand would like to invite experts from paint companies, raw material suppliers, academia, government research institutes, and other innovative organizations. We are eagerly seeking abstracts that showcase your groundbreaking work, laden with technical brilliance, scientific marvels, and unparalleled value to the coatings industry.
Our selection process will identify presentations that will bring a profound added value to our dynamic industry. As we navigate our way towards a brighter future, our convention theme, 'Navigating towards a Better Future,' serves as our guiding star. We encourage submissions that align with this overarching theme, exploring the following captivating dimensions (and beyond):
- New and Emerging Technologies:
Unveil the latest marvels that are set to reshape our industry's landscape.
Dive into the eco-conscious innovations that drive sustainable practices forward.
- Research & Development Projects:
Share your ventures into uncharted territories, where the seeds of progress are sown.
- Impact of New Regulations:
Decode the implications of regulatory changes and their effects on our industry.
- New Materials:
Unearth the hidden treasures in the world of coatings materials that promise a revolution.
- New Analytical Test Methods:
Reveal the secrets behind cutting-edge testing techniques that propel our understanding.
- Future Ideas and Concepts:
Cast your visionary gaze into the horizon, exploring the uncharted realms of possibilities.
INITIAL EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Please submit the paper title and abstract by 30 March 2024 by clicking here. These will be assessed by our Technical Advisor, and your confirmation of acceptance will be advised by 7 Arpil 2024.
- An abstract must be no more than 300 words
- The abstract must include the title of the presentation
- Please include all authors of the submission, indicating the author presenting the paper
- The abstract should not include graphics or tables
- Papers should reflect the highest professional standard
- Please keep the use of trademarks to a minimum
All submissions will be treated with the strictest confidence, and will only be disclosed if selected in the final programme. The oral presentation time will be 30 - 35 minutes in length followed by 5 - 10 minutes for discussion.
PROGRAMME AT A GLANCE
- The scientific program will foster technical, scientific and general discussions. The sessions will run on Thursday 16 May between 8.30am - 5pm, and on Friday 17 May between 9.30 am - 1 pm, followed by networking activities.
- Networking opportunities start on Monday evening with the Welcome Function, followed immediately by the extremely fun Quiz Night, sponsored by Brenntag.
- Speakers attending the full convention will receive a discounted registration rate.
- For those speakers who can only attend for the day, they will receive free registration for the day of their presentation allowing them to attend other sessions and network with the industry participants.
- Travel, accommodation and any additional registration costs associated with the convention are not included.
If you would like to present a paper at the SCANZ Convention 2024 please email your abstract, resumé and photo to: Technical Convenor Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.